Snake '97: retro phone classic
15 February 2018
5.0 and up
Play Snake '97 and be prepared to lose some productive hours.
Simply launch the app, touch a button and start!
Snake '97 features:
- old school controls
- dot-matrix display
- original monotone sounds (bleep bleep)
- 9 original and 3 extra difficulty levels
- Snake 1 and classic Snake 2
- 7 classic game modes (5110, 3210, 8210, 8850 and 3310, 3410 and 7110 with Snake 2)
- bonus creatures (Snake 2)
- go through the walls! (Snake 2)
- 5 original and 2 extra labyrinths (Snake 2)
- a high score that cannot be reset (just like the original)
The story behind this game is that my smartphone got damaged, requiring me to revert back to an old phone. Suddenly I knew the smartphone was missing something and the idea for a accurate Snake remake was born.
Snake '97 is an homage to the classic mobile phone game programmed in 1997.
By carefully analyzing the classic gameplay, timing and controls, this Snake '97 remake is one of the most accurate available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact me.
Have Snake fun!
Best regards from Amsterdam,
Google Play Rating
- Big update, featuring:
- 5 original and two new larger game modes (3410 / 7110)
- optimized graphics
- greatly improved responsiveness of the touch controls
- play in wide screen (entire screen is a button)
- pause anytime by touching the center of the virtual screen
- support for hardware (Bluetooth) keyboards
- world wide highscores and ranking (all platforms)
Please leave a review to let me know if you like this update, thanks!