8 February 2018
5.0 and up
NOTE: you need the latest release of Nova Launcher (5.4+) for the integration to work.
• 100+ shortcuts added to your device
• Integrated into Nova Launcher App Search and app icon long press (requires Android 5.0 or >)
• Easy setup, just install Sesame and Nova Launcher
• Adds Quick Search options to Nova Launcher App Search (Google, Maps, Music, and many more)
• Smart Search: matches first letters of words. Typing “S” “B” will bring “Spotify: The Beatles” to the top. Results are ranked by how often you’ve used them, next time just “S” will do.
• Full control via Settings. Turn ON/OFF at the app or individual shortcut level
• Make your own shortcuts
• Beta features: Lock Screen and Edge Launcher (these don't require Nova Launcher)
List of Shortcuts
• Contacts with one touch to call, text, or email
• WhatsApp conversations (not group ones though)
• Settings (19 useful ones)
• Google Shortcuts (My flights, etc.)
• Yelp (42 common searches)
• Quick Search options for 12 apps (control this in Preferences)
Android 7.1 App Shortcuts
Backported all the way to 4.4 devices
Create your own shortcuts for
Netflix, Maps, Waze, YouTube, Spotify, Yelp, Google, Google Play Music, Google Play Store, Chrome (all versions), Firefox
Supports all Widget shortcuts. Add them through Sesame and access them via our search anytime!
• Spotify: All albums, artists, and playlists in your Library
• Slack: your teams and channels
• Tasker: all your tasks. This let’s you build complex actions in Tasker and quick launch them easily.
• Reddit: your subreddits. Works for all Reddit apps.
Automatically creates these personal shortcuts
• Spotify: 1) new music you search for and click on ‘Top Result’ 2) when you click on a items from “Recently Played”
• Hangouts conversations: only for pre 7.0 devices and not too reliable
• Search directly in popular apps from Nova's App search
• Options include all Browsers, Google, Maps, Netflix, Spotify, Yelp, YouTube and many more
- Sesame is a $2.99 USD app with an unlimited trial
- After 14 days, if you are using the app but haven’t paid for it, you’ll see a brief message each time you use a shortcut
Sesame is made by Steve Blackwell and Phil Wall. We hope you like it. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to improve it :)
Email [email protected]
Google Play Rating
- Version 2.3.3-hotfix (2018-02-09, build 7890):
- adds Telegram authorization reset button
- fixes issue with downloading Telegram icons
* If you signed in with Telegram but don't see the shortcuts, try resetting Telegram authorization.
Full history: https://sesame.ninja/release_notes.txt