fMSX - Free MSX Emulator
25 January 2018
2.2 and up
* Optimized for Android devices using assembler and 3D hardware acceleration, and running MSX software at the fastest possible speed.
* Full screen portrait or landscape mode emulation, with options for simulating TV scanlines and fuzzy TV display.
* Loads ROMs (*.rom), disk images (*.dsk) and tape images (*.cas).
* Supports PSG, SCC, and FM-PAC (OPLL) MSX sound chips.
* Emulates joystick using touch screen, Bluetooth controllers, physical keyboard, or accelerometer.
* Emulates MSX mouse.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Moga, iCade, Nyko PlayPad, and other Bluetooth and USB gamepads.
* Supports Xperia Play gaming buttons.
* Network play feature lets you play with other fMSX users over the network.
* State Exchange feature lets you swap saved MSX states with other users.
This is a free, limited version of fMSX that may show ads and nag you to buy the full version. For the full, ad-free version, get fMSX Deluxe. Or, you can buy any one of my other emulators and the fMSX ads will stop.
fMSX package itself does not contain any MSX programs. You should place your own MSX files onto the SD card before running fMSX.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with fMSX. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MSX games or other software.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
Google Play Rating
- * Added remaining time display during replay.
* Fixed replay rollover mechanism.
* Added shadow underneath the time display.
* Settings activity now uses black/white UI setting.
* Switched Settings to Material Design on Lollipop+.
* Fixed native crash when saving state.
* Fixed several other possible sources of native crashes.