Anchor - Podcast & Radio
3 November 2017
5.0 and up
--- CREATE AUDIO ---
* Voice: Record yourself, your friends, or anything you can hear, and broadcast the audio in seconds. (You can even record by holding your phone up to your ear, just like talking on the telephone.)
* Music: Share any song you want, thanks to our integrations with Apple Music and Spotify.
* Interviews: Call any US-based phone number from the app, record the conversation (with their permission, of course), then add it to your station.
* Call Ins: Listeners can call in to your station at any time. If you like what they have to say, you can add it to your station for everyone to hear!
* Interludes & background tracks: Enhance your audio with a ton of different sound effects and tunes. (This is the part that’ll make you go, “Wow, I made this on my phone and it sounds like a ~real~ podcast!”)
* Clips: Easily trim and import your pre-existing audio.
* Make a podcast: Turn your Anchor audio into a podcast with one touch. Really. You can also easily share your audio to Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else.
--- LISTEN TO AUDIO ---
* Daily audio summaries: Get caught up on everything you missed (news, sports, entertainment, video games, and more). Thanks to Anchor’s bite-sized stories format, your favorite stations will be the perfect fit for your daily commute.
* Interact with shows: Call in for a chance to be featured on any station in Anchor. You can also applaud your favorite parts!
* Listen anywhere: Anchor stations can be heard in our free mobile apps, on the web in any desktop/tablet/mobile browser, in your car, or from your smart speakers.
--- AS SEEN IN ---
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* LOTS MORE!
Google Play Rating
- - Podcast names, podcast descriptions, and episode descriptions can now be way longer!
- Added support for additional podcast categories
- Other small bug fixes & improvements
PLUS, in case you missed it, our last release included a brand new feature called Record With Friends, which is the easiest way to capture audio with other people. Ever.
If you're enjoying using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!