Lock & Alert™
31 January 2018
4.2 and up
Varies with device
• Lock & Alert is free for U.S. consumers — for life.
• Lock your Equifax credit report to help better protect against identity theft.
• Applying for credit? Click or swipe to unlock. Then lock it again.
• We'll alert you each time your Equifax credit report is locked or unlocked.
•If you have a security freeze on your Equifax credit report, you can use Lock & Alert to remove the freeze and lock your Equifax credit report. It's free to remove your freeze and replace it with a lock in Lock & Alert.
• Having trouble or need a quick answer? Get support and find answers to frequently asked questions.
• Sign in to the Lock & Alert app using Fingerprint Sign-In. Only devices with built-in fingerprint scanners and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or above are eligible to use this feature.
Note: You cannot use a TrustedID™ Premier or other existing Equifax user name and password to sign in to Lock & Alert. If you're using Lock & Alert for the first time, please choose Sign up.
¹ Locking your Equifax credit file will prevent access to it by certain third parties. Locking your Equifax credit file will not prevent access to your credit file at any other credit reporting agency. Entities that may still have access to your Equifax credit file include: companies like Equifax Global Consumer Solutions which provide you with access to your credit report or credit score, or monitor your credit file; federal, state, and local government agencies; companies reviewing your application for employment; companies that have a current account or relationship with you, and collection agencies acting on behalf of those whom you owe; for fraud detection purposes; and companies that wish to make pre-approved offers of credit or insurance to you. To opt out of such pre-approved offers, visit www.optoutprescreen.com.
Google Play Rating
- Initial public release.